Monday, February 07, 2005

Super Bowl XXXIX

Whadda disappointed game. I thought there's gonna be a shoot out. T.O. is definetly one cocky a**hole. Talking big and didn't delivered. Well, the guy pretty much got double quite often. McNabb is great but he is not a champion...yet.

The two brewskies that I drank yesterday were Smithwick's and Blue Point Toast Lager. Smithwick's is pretty tasteless. The bartender told me that it is a lighter version of Guinness. Well, I must apologize that it taste nothing like a light version of Guinness or Bottington....It's brewed by Guinness Ltd and not to be confused with Irish Ale Breweries Ltd/Smithwick Brewery. Other characters of this weak brew are toffee and cheap malt. Don't let anyone misinformed you that it taste like Bass or a light version of Guinness.

The Blue Point Toasted Lager is another it's aite (alright) beer nothing special about it. Simple and decent comparing with pizza. I am not saying it's a bad beer but I have had something better from Blue Point. The ESB (Extra Special Bitter) is actually the flagship product of Blue Point. Basically, what the Toasted Lager lacked of is the hard impact toastiness. No other major complaint but a simple beer to drink with a cleaning finish.

Friday night Feb 4th was the last day of Restaurant Week NYC. Check out this 2 1/2 stars restaurant by Chelsea and ordered a Rouge Dead Guy Ale. Wow!!!! It will wake up any deads!!! This burnt orange colored beauty has a nice hint of molasses and a finish of toasty but no trace of grapefruit as our waiter promised. No worries, I am not a big fan of Ruby Red brew anyway. The best of all, I paid happy hours price for it!!!!

For the time being, a lot of chicks digged my homebrew Jazmin Ale!!!! I don't wanna be stucked with the guy that only brews with Jasmine. My VIS (Vanilla Imperial Stout) is in the secondary carboy and I am working on a Soba Ale under the strict supervision of my mentor Phil Clarke. I am also looking at infusing my ale with Earl Grey tea. Not sure what's that gonna taste like but won't hurt to try.

Cheers!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home