Monday, July 11, 2005

Bronx Half Marathon

I ran the Bronx Half Marathon yesterday and it was hell! It is one of the toughest and the lousiest race ever! The roads are unpleasantly hilly and rough. My knees are killing me on mile 6! I have never experience such a sharp pain that area. Apparently, the knee brace is not working. I can barely walk after the race. My finishing time....2:37:23. Yes, very unimpressive!!! I must have walked at least a mile. Icing and lot of painkiller for the time being. I have just scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Paul. I hope I will be on the road again in no time and train for the marathon.

4 Comments:

Blogger azianbrewer said...

Is your husband training for the marathon??

1:51 PM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the Bronx Half. I am Yukie's husband. It wasn't great for me either, but I am not injured.

I am training for the marathon. I'm running Saturday morning in the dash and splash, and in the run hit wonder run.

Onto your topic of Beer, have you tried Hitachino?

Have you been to brewtopiafest?

10:33 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger azianbrewer said...

Hey Bruce...Hitachino makes really interesting beers. Their White Ale and Weizen are pretty tasty. But I not too crazy for their Sweet Stout and Red Rice Ale. I am pretty big on Brit ales.

Yes, I was in Brewtopia. As matter of fact my brew club (NYC Homebrewers Guild) setup up a table next to Heartland Brewery and Southampton. The next Brewtopia is going to be in the fall. Hopefully, you will drop be our booth and taste our brews! Do you guys hang out in any beer bar in NYC?? Well I am just going to shamelessly promote my friend's place in the East Village-Hop Devil Grill (St. Mark & Ave A). Nice list of beers and decent grubs. By the way, have you ever taste the beer from Sixpoint Craft Ales (the best local beer from NY)?? They are awesome!!! Shane & Andrew the brewers from Sixpoints are pretty creative with the style.

Going back to running...I am resting my knees this week and skip those two races that you mentioned. What do you do for training besides drinking beer. I normally jog 2 miles to the gym and work on my upper body.

9:46 AM, July 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next week I begin training in earnest for the marathon.
Tuesday - 8 miles
Wednesday - 5 miles
Thursday - 8 miles
Friday - 5 miles
Saturday - 20 miles
Sunday - 4 miles

It's this or go into the marathon with my tongue dragging.

5:03 PM, July 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home