Friday, July 29, 2005

Kuro Isanishiki Imo Shochu

I checked out Landmark Wine & Liquor and picked up a bottle of Kuro Isanishiki Imo Shochu. Imo is a variation of Japanese yam and the key ingredient for producing kickass imo shochu. I am not a connoisseur in this area. However, I always prefer Japanese shochu over Korean soju. I think Korean soju is quite harsh comparing to the Japanese selections. Actually, I will take that back...Korean soju are great for mixing cocktail and Japanese are better for sipping. Well, Kuro Isanishiki Imo has the simple aroma of raisin and yam. I mixed it will iced water and had it on the rocks on the second round. The weather is too hot for warm shochu.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment to my Blog.
I recalled Shochu's name...
That's was Mao (魔王)
Imo Shochu...
Really good one.

4:54 AM, July 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home