Thursday, July 21, 2005

Training for the Marathon

I should probably drink less this summer and focus more on training. Starting tomorrow!!!! On a lighter note, I am still looking for a place to host my marathon party. Looks like Hop Devil is the top contender if Bill is willing to accomodate my guests at a reasonable rate.

I missed the NYCHG meeting a couple of nights ago. Part of it is a protest for having the meeting at Burp Castle. The place is total depressing and tacky. I have no desire to drink in an establishment with the mural of Jesus and listening to the Trappist monks chant. We are not in a monestary for crying out loud. The beer selections suck and the bartender is another clueless yokel. Folks, forgive me for being shallow. I think if you are going to be a bartender and clueless you better be blonde, brunette or redhead with measurement of 34c-24-34.

2 Comments:

Blogger azianbrewer said...

Are you a Jets fan?? I am a Niners fan but occasionally follow the Giants. I am in Bayside so going to Shea is relatively a short driving distance. Looking forward to be there and perhaps some dim sum in Flushing afterward.

9:21 AM, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J-E-T-S yes. I've been going to games for the last 5ish years. I grew up in Flushing, but I was a Yankee fan. The Yankees played at Shea when they were renovating Yankees stadium and the Yankees were losers, but they won the night I was there and that was the first game I ever saw.

Now I don't have the patience to watch a game. I find myself drifting off.

I don't know where you get dim sum in Flushing, but I know where Joe Shanghai is. Juicy crap dumpling rock. Just be careful the municipal lot has some sneaky spots where even if you buy a ticket those animals still ticket you. They got me. I'm still pissed.

9:35 PM, July 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home