Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Best NYC Marathon

Running is very addictive...especially after the 5 boros 26.2 run. There is nothing in this world quite like the NYC Marathon. My finished time is 5:30:26. The guy in the squirrel costume and the rhinos beat me!!! The Blue Brothers and Wonder Woman also ran but the most amazing scene is when you see people with physical disability actually ran and finished the race. Well, it will definitely take legs to run the first 22 miles and the heart for the last 4.2 miles.

Afterward, I had my post race party at People in Lower Eastside. The manager really hooked us up with the drinks!!! Special thanks to:

-Dr. Ivy for prepping my body for this event. I am ready for another 26.2 miles next week!
-Pizzle and Wendy for coming down from Toronto.
-Eric, Janice, Jenn and Mitch for drinking with me at People.
-Patrick, Jenny and Fion for taking my victory chocolate.
-Paul R (Rocco) for providing me all the hot tips.
-Dan & Arlene for not flaking out at the post race party.
-"Jackson" and "Colooch" for busting my balls at work!! The mozz and puschoot are awesome. The cannoli is definitely a "Happy Ending"!!
-Phil, Sleezy Sherm, Dave, and the 2 Chris' of the New York City Homebrewers Guild for not tempting me with beer during my training days.
-Seb from the NYC Sake Enthusiasts for running a great club with me!
-Bill from the Hop Devil Grills for the greasiest frieds in NYC.
-Andre, Aileen, Arlene 2, Cindy, Fay, Lanna, Andy, Ann and Vivian for showing up.
-Thao and John for helping us out in Playa del Carmen.
-Julie for missing the Simpsons and learn to drink with us.
-Go "Hung" for hooking us up at People.
-Big "O" for being a great friend and a training buddy..."Don't let your body tells you what to do".
-And of course, my Amanda for being there with me all through the race and the mental support!!!

This race is dedicated to my grandpa. You gave me the strength and ran with me for the whole 26.2 miles through all 5 boros. RIP!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home