Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Mu Sake

Well, this is gonna be my first Sake review on this blog. My friend Jamie and I ordered a bottle of well balanced Mu at the infamous East Village's Decibel last Saturday nite. This place is well recognized for it's $8 minimum per person policy. It is quite impossible to walk out alive at any well established sake joint without shedding $30 per person. Hey, the heck with that when the atmosphere is right and the glass of sake goes down smooth. Going back to my review, this Junmai-ginjo beauty is a fine product from the Hyoko Perfecture of Japan. Like it's name Yaegaki, "Mu" Junmai-ginjo-shu "Mu," or "nothingness," is a wonderfully settled and calm sake. Without saying much it is a dry sake with a hint of anjou pear. This is by far one of the greatest Junmai available today. I am so convinced that it is a Daiginjo. It presents a fairly low acidity, which allows the flavor to maintain its concentrated richness.


Second to none.....

I am no expert at this sake business but I am definitely not gonna jump back to the Miller High Life tasting Ozeki.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sakemon said...

azian brewer,

I also love sake but don't always get the descriptions. What does settled mean? Something you taste or a sensation, or just a fun state of mind?

Sake Mon

7:27 PM, March 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home