Monday, March 28, 2005

Kaori and Oden Station

The flu bug finally left the building just in time for some sake "tasting". Decibel has became my usual place for sake. My friend "E" who is on his path reaching sake enlightenment, visited that place 2 nights in a row. The kawaii (cute) Japanese waitress finally sat me down without telling me the usual "$8 mininum per person" greeting. All of the sudden, the place got so much friendlier once they found out that you are a long term customer. They even sat us at the oden station and threw us a few extra edamame. By the way, it is a ultimate privilege to be seated by the oden station. It symbolizes the honor and recognition!

Kaori is definitely not my favorite. It is a junmai-ginjo of a medium dry sake with a hint of calcium...I think. I cannot assure if that's gonna make your bone strong but it is not the most pleasant taste infused with sake. My only reasonable doubt is the bottle has gone bad or that is the way it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home