Sunday, May 01, 2005

Iron Chef Beer

I popped open a bottle of that Rogue Morimoto Black Obi Soba Ale tonight to pair with my classic Sunday night dinner; spaghetti meatball. The pasta is great but my brew is not what I expected!!! On a 10 points scale, I am gave it a 6. My nose is pretty congested from allegy and I can still smell the cascade hop!! I am really turn-off by cascade these days.


Iron Chef's Cascade Booty

Appearance - Nice head with a clean onyx colored pour. It is almost like porter stout.

Aroma - Cascade hops with a note of roasted barley.

Taste - Mild with a sweet roasty finishing. West Coast tasting all the way.

Mouthfeel - for the taste, it is surprisingly light-bodied. Carbonation is similar to cask ale type.

Drinkability - I think I can do better with my "Honey Soba".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home